Health and Social care is taught by one truly dedicated teacher and is passionate not only her subject but all students at Hagley:
- Mrs S Palmer - Teacher in Charge of Health and Social Care, Teacher of Food Technology
Why Study Health and Social Care
If you are interested in studying for a career in primary school teaching, nursing, midwifery, occupational therapy, radiography, physiotherapy, social work, nursery nursing, health education/promotion, psychology or caring for the elderly or disabled, or any other roles in health, social care or education, then this is the course for you.
How You Study?
You will use a variety of methods including independent primary and secondary research, presentations, work place visits, discussions, practicals, theory lessons and visiting speakers, completion of portfolios and external tests.
Department Strengths and Resources
- You will be taught by the same teacher for the two years, allowing for continuity.
- Well-stocked resource library.
- Access to ICT for portfolio production and research.
- • A variety of teaching and learning styles.
This course offers a broad education as a foundation for the courses and careers outlined. Students are encouraged to become independent in research, skilful in presenting findings, and develop confidence and those skills that are invaluable in both higher education and employment.
Health Studies is a popular degree course.
GCSE ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
Five GCSEs grade C or above.